Break Fix | Ad-Hoc Service
Break Fix | Ad-Hoc Service
Something goes wrong and we fix it. Not the recommended way to operate especially for businesses but in this economy businesses still run in a reactive only model.
If you don’t need an IT managed service but have occasional issues pop up that you need reliable IT Specialists to look after you. Then contact us now.
As computer engineers equipped with extensive array of tools and spare parts, which allows us to:
- Detect all of the system hardware failures.
- Pinpoint failures to specific hardware device.
- Allow retesting of repaired or replaced devices to make certain that the error defect has been eliminated.
Wide range of parts available onsite:
We have comprehensive kit of standard PC spares which enable us to carry out most hardware repairs on site.
The spare kit includes: CD/DVD-RW Drives, CPU Fans, Floppy Drives, Hard Disk Drives, Keyboards, Memory, Modems, Mice, Network Interface Cards (NIC’s), Power Supplies (PSU’s), Video Cards, USB Ports, Networking equipment etc.
Once the problem is detected, in most cases we can replace the faulty unit on the spot, without having to come back again or to take computer for workshop repair.
We supply pick up and drop off delivery service for repairs.
If we have the hardware we can do a repair onsite.
If you having difficulties using your computer, you can always call us and ask for help. If it is not possible to solve the problem over the phone, we will come to you. We will not only diagnose and fix all your computer problems, but will also advise you the way to avoid it in the future.
We will also help you with:
- OS automatic updates configuration.
- Antivirus/firewall software.
- Install all necessary software tools for convenient work with your computer (Acrobat Reader, WinRar, Audio Video players and codecs)
- Data organisation.
- Network configuration.
- Data recovery.
- Forgotten password recovery.
- Internet connection/configuration.
- Install additional application at your request.
On-site hardware repairs of notebooks and laptops are difficult due to the proprietary nature of many of the components, and the wide and continuously changing model ranges offered by each manufacturer. Workshop repair, or return to the manufacturer, is normally the best solution although neither of these options result in a speedy repair. We can manage the entire repair process including outsourcing of new or second hand parts, installation of any applications required and copying any data from the original laptop’s hard disk should there not be a backup.
Most problems that occur with computers are the result of software-related issues:
Programs that lock up, printers that suddenly won’t print, operating systems that won’t boot and lots of other common errors are all somehow related to the operation of software on your PC.
Unfortunately, troubleshooting software problems on PCs is one of the hardest problem-solving task you’re ever likely to run into on your computer. The reason for this is because of the Byzantine-like structure of today’s PC applications and operating systems. In essence, the problem can be boiled down to this: All the various pieces of software on your computer—your main applications, the drivers for your specific peripherals, and the various Windows system files—work together in an enormously complex web of inter-relationships. Adding, removing or altering one piece of that puzzle can (and often will) lead to software that just doesn’t work.
Software troubleshooting tips:
- Read carefully all error messages, warnings etc you get when troubleshooting you software. Do not hurry!
- Try to analise, why it happened. May be you installed some application (game, security software, new windows screensaver etc). If so try to uninstall it and see what happens.
- If you get some specific error messages, you can try (may be by using some other computer) to type this message into google search engine and find out if there are anybody else had this problem before. In most cases you’ll find that there are plenty of people having the same problem!! And normally solution is also described on those pages.
However if none of above mentioned suggestions did not help, you might need professional help. In this case you can give us a call and explain your problem. Alternatively you can email.